Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Module 1- Introduction Blog

My name is Paige Janssen. I live just outside of Jackson, Wyoming in a town called Alpine. I have worked as an RN now for 11 years, primarily in Oncology/Hematology. I currently work in an outpatient Oncology dept. in Jackson. For some reason, I have become passionate about this particular field and hope to continue in it for many years to come. I have chosen to take the Family Nurse Practioner program, as I feel that it meets the specific goals that I have in mind for enhancing my education and practice.

Technology is so very important in today's world, and applies to almost every chosen field of practice. I look forward to upgrading my personal limitations within the world of informatics.

Within my current job setting, computers are used on a daily basis. All of our labs, scans, history and physicals, demograhics etc... reside within our data bases. We are required to order our own tests, configure patient education material, log our daily charges, order supplies and print out our pharmaceutical lists each week. As it stands, our department is one of the last within the hospital to have gone to computer patient charting. Due to logistics and the unique qualities of our department, we just haven't been able to formulate the proper template as of yet. I know that we can not get away with written charting forever, and I look forward in helping to make the transition in our department come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment